COMMON INJURIES/ ILLNESS:
Lacerations, Overuse Injuries of Shoulder & Arm, Neck Pain, Trigger Points, etc.
Shoulder Injuries: Mostly archers encounter rotator cuff impingement, rotator cuff tear, Scapular Dyskinesia, Posterior shoulder dislocation etc. The impingement group had greater angle of scapular elevation, smaller angle of horizontal extension and higher upper trapezius/lower trapezius ratio.
Wrist and Hand: Overuse type of tendon injuries such as De Quervain’s tenosynovitis occur due to chronic overloading or undergo adaptation via biomechanical or structural changes.
Elbow Joint: Repetitive stress to the muscles and tendons can cause pain on the either side of the elbow where they attach to the bone leading to Lateral and medial epicondylitis along with traumatic synovitis
- 3D biomechanics + video analysis of form, weight distribution and muscle activating during drawing and release
- Lower body stabilization and strength (lumbar and thoracic spine, center of gravity, weight distribution)
- Upper body functional movement and mobility assessment
- Sensory-motor skills and neuro-technology to improve central and peripheral vision, depth perception and visual clarity
- Auditory and visual based stimuli – focus testing
- Analysis of Draw Line Force
- Forearm and wrist position during shooting (FMS)
PREPARE + PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENT
24, 30, or 36 sessions performance training programs Private Sessions with Sports Physiotherapist + Sports Scientist + Strength and Conditioning Coach + Sports Psychologist + Sports Nutritionist
- Improve Flexibility of spinal muscles for a more stable center of gravity
- Improve stability + strength of legs and spine
- Improve flexibility and stabilization of upper body
- Reduce risk of injury of rotator cuff, elbow, wrist, hip, knee + ankles
- Improve movement efficiency
- improve focus + timing via cognitive training
- improve eye hand coordination, visual clarity, depth perception, accuracy and timing via sensory training
- Thrower’s Ten Program for Shoulder
- Strengthening exercises for Back
- Dynamic Stretching (Warm Up) and Static Stretching (Cool Down)
- Endurance Training for Shoulder
- Pain Reduction with Manual Therapy, TENS, IFT, US, LASER, etc.
- Adjuncts Therapies including Taping, Cupping, Dry Needling, etc.
Game Ready + Sauna Therapy + Steam Bath + Mobility Sessions
- Static Stretching for improved flexibility
- improve mobility of spine + extremity joints
- improve lymphatic drainage
- Improve range of motion
- reduce muscle soreness
A sophisticated incorporation of high end software and technologies for above mentioned assessment and performance enhancement are as follows: