Sports podiatry is the treatment of foot, ankle, knee and leg injuries by altering lower limb function using a variety of methods, including orthotic insoles, footwear and exercises. Sports podiatrists specialise in the diagnosis and management of foot and lower leg disorders with a particular focus on injuries associated with foot and lower limb function.
If an athlete suffers from weak ankles or a flat arch, a sports podiatrist will prescribe supportive or appropriate footwear and guiding them through strengthening routines to improve their foot and lower limb health. Sports podiatrists also assess the biomechanical capabilities of an athlete’s lower extremities. They evaluate leg stability, alignment, and functionality in terms of a certain sport or sports. If there are functional or muscle imbalances and weaknesses that have to be addressed, sports podiatrists will offer recommendations on how to strengthen and improve them.
Benefits of Podiatric Prescribed Custom Insoles for Athletes:
- Custom foot insoles provide the right support needed.
- Custom foot insoles alleviate and prevent pain and injury.
- Custom foot insoles help improve foot function.
- Custom foot insoles correct foot abnormalities.
- Custom foot insoles are more effective and efficient tan off the shelf versions.
- Custom foot insoles help enhance sports performance