Cardiopulmonary & VO2 Max Screening
VO2 max, or maximal oxygen consumption, refers to the maximum amount of oxygen that an individual can utilize during intense or maximal exercise. This measurement is generally considered the best indicator of cardiovascular fitness and aerobic endurance. The more oxygen a person can use during high level exercise, the more energy a person can produce. This test is the gold standard for determining cardio respiratory fitness.
Aerobic Endurance is one of the main fitness components, important for success in many sports. Certain sports, such as distance running and triathlon, cycling, rowing, cross-country skiing, swimming it is the most important physical attribute. In many other sports, including football good endurance is also very important as part of the overall fitness profile.
The benefits include:
- Determination of athletes aerobic capacity
- Estimation of the aerobic threshold
- Estimation of the lactate threshold
- Determination of the anaerobic threshold
- Analysis of running efficiency
- Recommendation on training paces for key training zones with heart rate ranges